Action Research programmes of IGS is based on identifying potential sub-sectors / vectors in rural areas, which can support a large number of livelihoods in the rural areas. Action Research in selected Sub-sector and Vector has been mainly towards productivity enhancement, risk mitigation and market linkage. At first sub-sector studies are undertaken in which exigencies are studied based on which an appropriate intervention strategy is developed in collaboration with key players. Micro-intervention to test the strategy is then taken up for assessing its applicability in the livelihood context and potential to impact the livelihoods of the target households.
The action research intervention of IGS includes sub-sectors such as Paddy, Cotton, Groundnut, Soybean, Milk, Lac, Mushroom, Handloom, and Vectors like Water and Power. These Action research interventions have covered around 15,000 households in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Bihar, and Jharkhand.
For more details click the link given below:
- Financial Inclusion of Migrants
- Support to the Operationalisation of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MNREGS)
- Agrarian Sustainability through Action Research (AGRASAR Maharashtra.) in Vidarbha
- Tribal Livelihood Enhancement in Melghat, Maharashtra
- Comprehensive Livestock Development Program in Hoshangabad District, Madhya Pradesh
- Promotion of Fisheries Cluster in Banswara, Rajasthan.
- Diversion Based Irrigation
- Microfinance for Decent work